Mt. Takao, only 1 hour away from the center of Tokyo, has variety of 6 different hiking course with beautiful nature of the season, and it is famous as a sightseeing spot with over 2.5 million people visit every year. With the cable car and lift, everybody can enjoy the hiking casually.
- Takaosanguchi Station
Mt. Jinba is even connected with Mt. Takao by the hiking course. The peak at the elevation of 855 meter is widely open, and you can enjoy the 360 degree panoramic view of the skyscrapers in the center of Tokyo and Mt. Fuji on clear days.
- 36 minutes from Takao Station North Gate (JR side) by bus (for "Jinba-kogen-shita", getting off at the last stop)
Jindai Botanical Park
Only botanical park in Tokyo. There are about 100,000 plants of 4,500 species in the park, and you can enjoy the flowers and plants of the season. 5,100 roses of 274 species will bloom in the spring and fall, attracting many people. 5,100
- Bus from Tsutsujigaoka Station or Chofu Station (for "Jindaiji Temple," getting off at the "Jindai Botanical Park")
- 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM (entrance closed at 4:00 PM), with charge
- Monday (Tuesday if Monday is holiday), December 29 to January 1
Keio Mogusaen Park
A Japanese garden with nostalgic Japanese sceneries and vegetation of the seasons. Especially the 800 plum trees blooming between February and March is gorgeous, and it is famous as popular spot for plum blossoms.
- 10 minutes from Mogusaen Station on foot or 10 minutes from Seiseki-sakuragaoka Station or Takahatafudo Station by taxi
- 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (close at 4:30 PM on November and December), with charge
- Wednesday (Thursday if Wednesday is holiday), opened every day during events
Tama Zoological Park
Animals are kept in conditions close to their natural habitats. Popular corners are koala in the Australian Garden, Lion Bus in the African Garden, Insectarium, and petting zoo with guinea pigs. Also, there is one of the largest "Sky Walk" in the world, where the orangutans walk around high up in the air.
Keio Floral Garden "Ange"
An European style garden with 15 different gardens, such as the Water Garden imaging the pond in Monet's drawing, Pond Garden with a dome using a Temple of Love at the Palace of Versailles as a motif, and Magnolia Garden with 200 trees of 30 different kinds, such as Kobushi Magnolia and Lily Magnolia.
- Next to Keio-tamagawa Station
- 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM*, close at 4:30 PM from October to February (entrance close 30 minutes prior to close), with charge
- Wednesday, December 29 to January 3*, March 15 to May 31, open every day on October
Inokashira Park with 380,000 square meter premises is famous for "Ohanami" during the cherry blossom season in spring. You can enjoy the boat ride at the Inokashira Pond at the center of the park, and it is a popular spot for the couples.
- 2 minute walk from the Inokashira-koen Station on foot
Temples and Shrines
Second oldest temple in Tokyo after Sensoji Temple. There are various festivals each seasons, such as "Daruma-ichi," attracting many people. There are many soba shops famous with their "Jindaiji Soba" and various souvenir shops.
- Bus from Tsutsujigaoka Station or Chofu Station (for "Jindaiji Temple," getting off at last stop)
Okunitama Jinja Shrine
A shrine with long and distinguished history, established 1900 years ago, and it is famous for good fortune gods and marriage ties.The avenue of zelkova trees extending for 700 meters is considered as symbol of Fuchu City.
- 3 minutes from Fuchu Station on foot
It is considered as one of three major Fudoson of Kanto area, and there are Fudo-do, Nio-mon, and many other valuable cultural assets in the premises close to 25 acres. With plenty of nature, you can enjoy the changing seasons every time you visit. Hydrangea blooming in June is especially famous here.
- 2 minutes from Takahatafudo Station on foot
Takaosan Yaku-ou-in Temple
Located in Mt. Takao, Takaosan Yaku-ou-in Temple became to be known as a symbol of this mountain after it was founded on 744 AD.
It is considered as one of the 3 major temple of the Shingon-shu Chisan-ha, attracting over 2.5 million visitors every year.
- 5 minutes from Takaosanguchi Station on foot to the cable car station (20 minutes from Cable Car Takaosan Station on foot)
Omiya Hachimangu Shrine
Established on 1063. It is said that there is a charm for marriage ties, safe deliveries, and raising children because the gods worshiped here are family. A "joint Miya-iri," where 8 Mikoshi (portable shrine), each representing the worshiper's area, is carried into the shrine, is performed at the annual festival in September.
- 7 minutes from Nishi-eifuku Station on foot
In addition to the in-door water area, "ADVENTURE DOME," where you can play regardless of season or weather throughout the year, you also can enjoy the thrill rides at the out-door amusement park.
- Bus from Keio-hachoji Station (for "Summer Land," getting off at last stop)
- 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, with charge
- Thursday (depends on the season)
An integrated leisure land that you can enjoy various attractions aimed for family to the thrill rides. There also is a hot spring facility, "Oka-no-yu." Pool WAI will open in the summer.
- 5 to 10 minutes from Keio-yomiuri-land Station by high-speed gondola
- 10:00 AM to 5 PM, Sunday and Holidays 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (depends on the season), with charge
- Tuesday (open on holidays, year-end and new year, spring and summer vacation periods, possibility to close irregularly)
(C)2007 SANRIO CO., LTD.
An entertainment park where you can meet various Sanrio characters such as Hello Kitty. Live shows and interactive events are held every season. Since it is all-weather facility, it will be comfortable at all time.
New National Theatre, Tokyo
Various performances are performed on the 4 stages, an Opera House that can host full-scale opera or ballet, and 3 medium- to small-scale theaters that can host theatrics and contemporary dance.
- Connected directly with Hatsudai Station
- NEW NATIONAL THEATRE (English)
Tokyo Opera City
Tokyo Opera City Concert Hall :
There are Takemitsu Memorial Concert Hall, that has top acoustic characteristics in the world with wooden interior, and Recital Hall, hosting classical concerts throughout the year. Also at the Art Gallery, about 4 exhibition is held each year, with various early-modern and modern arts.
- Connected directly with Hatsudai Station
- Tokyo Opera City Cultural Foundation (English)
Multiple-purpose stadium that can host sports, concert, and various events, with capacity of 50,000.
It is also a home stadium for the J League soccer teams FC Tokyo and Tokyo Verdy.
- 5 minutes from Tobitakyu Station on foot
Tokyo Race Course
A horse race course with world' largest screen and "Fuji View Stand."
It also houses a "JRA Horse Racing Museum" in the premises, exhibiting the history of horse racing and ecology of horses.
- 2 minutes from Fuchukeiba-seimonmae Station on foot
- 9:00 AM in principal (might change)
- Horse Racing in Japan (English)
Horse Racing in Japan (Chinese:Simplified characters)
Horse Racing in Japan (Korean)
Horse Racing in Japan (French)